FALL 2016 Internship Opportunity
Fall 2016: The Broadberry – Marketing/Events/Promo Intern & Junior Coordinator
Aug 24, 2016
Posted in: Advertising internships, Internships & scholarships, Journalism internships, Public Relations internships
The Broadberry’s internship program for a Mass Comm Intern: The role is for Marketing Events and Promo intern and junior coordinator with the events team at The Broadberry. This position supports the Private Events spectrum as well as high focus on marketing and branding. Assisting with day of management during shows and events will play a part as well.
The interns will be selected to coordinate various events, apply the proper research and communication efforts with several organizations in the Richmond Community, and manage day to day administration tasks. Brand development and messaging will play a large role in the hands-on effort through digital media and all forms of mass communications.
The intern will complete 150 credit hours.
- Responsibilities include:
- Create and implement a community and business outreach strategy, including managing and organizing spreadsheets and building awareness and support of current events and charitable functions we could host.
- Develop and organize online strategies with a focus on specific demographics and target markets
- Work with Marketing Director to develop public information materials, presentations and displays; Including contributing to newsletters, media/new media outreach and website content.
- Organize and participate at community outreach activities and networking events to educate the broader community about The Broadberry, our events and projects.
- Maintain the brand “SquadBerry” via social media and onsite presence during shows interacting with patrons and staff and artists
- Respond to inquiries and brief staff on potential leads, organizing meetings and consultations
- Graphic Design for: Print, Web, Media and PR • Layout Design for Promo Kits, Print/ads
- Participating in some blog writing
- Manage and implement a routine streetteam for promotional efforts
- Design graphics for various purposes including shows, advertisements, social media.. etc
Please contact Erin Brennan to apply.
Erin Brennan, Marketing Director & Events Manager The Broadberry | 804 353 1888 | firstname.lastname@example.org